The "Run to 50" is complete. Blogging continues from this point on at Run to 51

Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Day Without Running is Like...

...a day without sunshine.

I wanted to swim and lift today, but forgot that my lunchtime was scheduled for some office mandatory fun.  I did have fun: we had a group lunch at Luna's Grill. But...I don't know.  I know, logically, that I don't HAVE to get 60 minutes of cardio and calorie burn everyday.  But having an unplanned rest day always leaves me feeling a little uneasy...and fat.  Strange how the mind works. 

I might still do a Shred session later, but a big spaghetti dinner has left me feeling full and sleepy. 

I plan to get to bed early (meaning before 10:30) so that I'll be up and ready to run as daylight is breaking.  I'm getting my LSD run in midweek, which will be my last hard run until the half marathon on Sunday.  I won't run on Thursday and I'll put in about 45 minutes easy on Friday.

I'm both excited and nervous about the Silver Strand.  I don't know what to expect.  Do I want to shoot for 1:40:00 or better?  Or is that setting the bar too high? That's a full 3 minutes shaved from my present PR, but the course is flat and I think I'm in better condition than I was for La Jolla.  We shall see.

No comments: