The "Run to 50" is complete. Blogging continues from this point on at Run to 51

Blog Archive

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Very Satisfying Run Tonight

View Interactive Map on MapMyRun.com

Excellent run this evening.  Ran a warm up mile and then 3 miles at 10K pace.  Clocked 7:10, 7:15 and 7:05 for each of the three tempo miles.  Heart rate was running right about 160, pegged.  I didn't think I was going to feel that strong, but after the warm up I was feeling springy.  All through the pace portion of the run, I felt comfortable.  About my only worry was the ankles.  I feel like I'm just misstep away from another turned ankle. 

Tomorrow's a pretty challenge run for a regular, weekday workout.  I'm to do 10 miles at marathon pace, which just a few weeks ago would have served as my "long run."  It's going to be really interesting to see how that goes on  a day after a moderately hard workout.  I'm planning on running it all on the stretch of the Carlsbad marathon along Palomar Airport Rd, from work to Cannon and back again...up hill over the 2nd half.  I'm figuring on 85 minutes to complete.

I'll do one more session with the electro-stim kit tonight and then return it to Mike tomorrow. I'm not sure it's really helping.  The wobble board and other ankle exercises (like my track workout last night) seem to be more productive.  It's probably just psychological.  Tomorrow's run is going to tell me a lot about where I stand as far as the ankle is concerned.

No comments: